After Dinner Speakers - Business - Challenge - Change Management - Competitive Advantage - Corporate Culture - Corporate Governance - Facilitation - Goal Setting - Innovation - Keynote Speakers - Leadership - Management - Negotiation Skills - Risk Management - Strategy - Talent Retention - Teamwork - Thinking - Time Management - Training - Workforce Issues
Business Leadership Guru
With a global reputation for expert project and business leadership, and more than $8 billion worth of successful contracts to his name, Alan Patching’s forte lies in challenging and inspiring existing and potential leaders to embrace change and foster innovation. He emphasises the importance of purpose based passion within organisations to provide a greater sense of satisfaction for their people and increase the potential for higher profit for shareholders. Dubbed a masterful platform presenter, Alan’s presentations are an engaging fusion of down-to-earth wisdom and progressive theories, delivered with energy, anecdotes and humour.
About Alan Patching
Alan Patching is internationally regarded as one of Australia's most outstanding leaders, consultants and business presenters in his field. He has been described as the Australian project and business leadership guru. Alan has $8 billion of major contracts negotiation, management and administration experience.
Alan Patching challenges and inspires corporate and government leaders and potential leaders to take steps and make changes to foster the innovation necessary to ensure their business is ‘Futureproof’. His vast business and academic lecturing experiences combine to make his corporate presentations the ideal blend of cutting edge theory and down-to-earth, use-immediately practical wisdom. Alan Patching is a masterful platform presenter. His presentations are a high-energy mix of humour, take home content, audience involvement and anecdotes.
Alan Patching founded, grew and sold a number of consultancy businesses before holding senior executive positions in major corporations across a range of industries. He is Managing Director of Alan Patching and Associates Pty. Ltd. and Chairman of the Asia Pacific operations of US based Management Concepts, which partners with Regis University to deliver education programs to corporations.
Perhaps his best-known business roles were as Chief Executive Officer of the entity that owned Sydney’s Olympic Stadium and as the stadium project director. He was also project director on the $280m redevelopment of Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane for the 2003 Rugby World Cup.
Alan Patching has managed or directed over $7 billion of major projects throughout Australia, and in the early nineties negotiated the country's largest ever property deal valued at $1.4 billion, and its largest commercial lease. His business negotiations range from the sale and purchase of jet aircraft to the bulk buying of designer lingerie from leading international suppliers.
Patching is the author of a number of books and audio albums and has shared the international speaking platform with such luminaries as Dr. Tom Peters, Dr. Denis Waitley, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Zig Ziglar and Robert Kiyosaki. His major interest is educating leaders to understand the importance of stirring purpose based passion within organisations to provide a greater sense or satisfaction for their people and increase the potential for higher profit for shareholders.
Speaking Topics Include
Building A Futureproof Corporation
In a world where increasing competition and change are more than ever the significant constants, organisations are more and more seeking to attain the attributes that will ensure long term growth and success; attributes that will equip them to deal with whatever the ever changing market place serves up; attributes that will make them Futureproof Corporations.
Futureproof leaders understand:
• The importance of the innovation based Basic Entrepreneurial Model
• How individual attitudes amass to create corporate culture
• How collective employee values generate the driving force of the corporation
• How to access the innovation that is so essential to continuing success
Lessons For Life From The Sydney Olympic Stadium Experience
Alan Patching's lessons learned as owner's Chief Executive Officer and Project Director of the development of the world's largest ever Olympic Stadium included:
• Look up to those beneath you - the valuable lesson learned from some of the most unnoticed people involved with the project.
• The innovative thinking that saved 'months and millions' can offer similarly spectacular performance improvement to any organisation.
• Recognition and celebration of success kept busy people energised. It will work with the same outstanding effect in the general corporate workplace.
• The Personal 'Offendedness' Factor was the emotions control technique Alan Patching developed to track his moods and the level that his own ego was contributing to problems rather than solutions.
21st Century Leadership and Success Essentials
A passionate and powerful presentation - a wake-up call designed to inspire people to choose to act as entrepreneurs or franchisees within the organisation that employs them.
Audiences are encouraged to:
• Embrace the warp-speed change impacting the global business environment
• Accept that personal leadership is the key to managing this change into the future
• Understand that the 21st Century Leader is an adaptable and inspirational visionary who understands the importance of being a role model, who divests control in favour of empowerment, who subordinates ego in favour of helping others to develop and grow, and whose core value is personal integrity.
Powerful Commercial Negotiation
Negotiation is no longer an optional business tool, but rather a mandatory skill for life and business success in the 21st century. When it comes to negotiation skills, what you don't use, you will soon lose!
This energising keynote:
• Moves audiences from a basic comprehension of negotiating tactics and strategies to an understanding of the higher level achievable by a focus on the human behaviour aspects of negotiation
• Inspires and explains how to weave advanced negotiation skills into everyday life communication.
The Soul of Business
While profit might be the goal of a business, people will always be the soul of the business.
This presentation reveals how:
• Alignment of business values with those of the people who make up the business is the key to any business tapping into its true source of creativity and corporate spirituality - it's human capital.
• How an organisation can benefit from creating a workplace environment wherein people feel connected and are free to become the best they can be, and to express their highest level of creativity
• Why fostering an open, trusting, and ego-less working environment can lead to higher productivity, reduced staff turnover, and an increased attitude of ownership
• Applying the intrinsic motivation factor of higher corporate purpose instead of extrinsic motivators such as corporate vision to ignite passion and increase profit
• Analysing how some of the key foci of corporations clash vigorously with really important issues at the level of the individuals who make up those corporations
• The leaders of tomorrow understand that the spiritual life of their human capital, their raison d'etre, should not be put on hold during working hours, but rather actively fostered so that people can always be seeking to attain their highest image of themselves.
Keynote Topics include
• The Psychology of Persuasion - How to get everything you want
• Project Management
• Achieving and Maintaining Corporate relevance and Sustainability
• Presentation skills
• Advanced Business Communication Skills
• Risk Management in the Project Environment
• Contract Administration
• Achieving Strategic Objectives using Project Management
“Alan was fabulous.”
“I consider his abilities second to none... his proven ability really impressed many Kumagi executives here and in Japan.”
“Alan’s style, structure and presentation were excellent.”
“My objectives were met and exceeded. Alan is an inspiring presenter. Not to be missed.”
“Excellent. He met my needs and requirements.”
“Over the years I have listened to many speakers.... I believe that your presentation gave a lot more practical and immediately useful guidance than any other of the previous speakers: you obviously know your subject well.”
“Your message was excellent, your sense of humour wonderful and we all took away SMART ideas for growth and SUCCESS”.
“A recommended - must attend - seminar.”
Kintetsu World Express (Singapore)
“This is a short note to thank you for your advice on how best to negotiate our project management commission... I am pleased to advise that as a consequence of your negotiation strategy... the end result was that we picked up the project ahead of our competition who I understand made a slick presentation but failed to recognise the people issues involved.”
“As a high profile communicator on the body language of business and presentation attitudes he was a great success...I can recommend Mr Patching as a fluent, humorous and personable communicator.”
Rider Hunt Group of Companies
“It is not often that one gets to see people with technical experience and expertise combined with a natural ability in the art of public speaking.”
Quality Task Consultants
“Excellent. My objectives were exceeded, Alan was very good, and the time flew by.”
Saudi Methanol Co.
“The workshop that you developed and facilitated over the past eight months have had a significant impact on our organisation. I would also like to thank you for your excellent role as MC at our recent project presentations. I have received great reviews on your presentation. Your professionalism and humour made this event a great success.”
Prudential Australia Limited
Your presentation was inspirational, and as MC of our Gala dinner, you were an outstanding success. In a word, you were sensational. I would be delighted if you would join us again next year in Paris.
Colonial Financial Service
I wanted to congratulate you on an excellent presentation. My wife and I were impressed with your philosophy on both business and life. As an aside, I believe your presentation did more for Australia in this region than any number of trade shows.
Australian High Commission in Malaysia
Alan Patching was excellent. The presentation was very entertaining. Alan really understood the briefing we gave him. He also facilitated the industry panel very effectively.
Meetings Industry Association of Australia
Alan Patching is a sensational presenter with a seldom seen mix of entertainment, presence and take-home-and-use content.
Olympic On Site Operations.
Alan was also the opening keynote speaker at the Institute's conference…he was rated the conference's best presenter.
Australian Institute of Credit Union Management
Alan Patching was brilliant, a great opening. Delegates’ comments included thought provoking, inspirational, excellent, and educational, etc. etc. Top ratings for him.
Australian Association of Friendly Societies
The feedback from our customers concerning your presentation has been excellent. I very much appreciated how well you interpreted the brief we gave you.
What a pleasure it was working with you in Singapore and Kuala Lumpur. Your energy and drive really engaged the audience.
A great presentation with never a dull moment.
Estabell Pte. Ltd.
An excellent presentation from an outstanding communicator.
Bank of United Arab Emirates
We all enjoyed your remarks very much. The issues you canvass are very relevant and need to be addressed at senior levels within all contemporary organisations. The group was particularly engaged by your ideas and it was obvious that they were enjoying themselves. We very much appreciated the humour and wit you brought to the event.
Aston James International
Your presentation was relevant and well pitched for our sales and motivation conference. Your humour, use of props and collection of good ideas simply held everyone captive. I will certainly be using your services again.
Westpac Banking Corporation
Many motivational speakers excite a group and leave them wanting. You focused them on crucial issues and tangible business suggestions they can immediately work into their business plans, and they were begging for more. Thank you for an A1 presentation.
Ely Lilly Australia Pty Limited
Our delegates were impressed with your style of presentation and the content you delivered. Many have already asked when we can next have you address our network.
Richardson and Wrench Real Estate
Thank you for your contribution to our Sales Incentive Program in Langkawi, Malaysia. Your philosophy and comments on innovation, passion, future outlook, partnering, and personal balance were excellent and extremely valuable to both delegates and their partners. Thank you also for taking the time to participate in the social activities of the conference.
What an opening to our conference! In just 25 minutes you informed, excited and mesmerised, and set the tone for the next two days. The State Government is now considering running this conference with us every year, and I think you should take much of the credit for this happy outcome.
Business Women’s Consultative Council
Mr. Patching gave an excellent talk to a group of leading New York City architects, engineers and contractors. His approaches to corporate development, team building, strategizing and marketing were unique and insightful and were extraordinarily well received by our group of jaded and overworked business executives. In addition to being informative, the lecture was also very enjoyable. Mr. Patching has loads of personality and a wonderful sense of humour. I personally enjoyed the lecture so much that I am actively recruiting Mr. Patching to address another group to which I belong that is comprised solely of Chairmen and Chief Executive Officers.
PM Contracting Company, New York USA
When Alan Patching speaks you don’t just get technical and leadership knowledge, you get a Ph. D. on life.
GE, Dubai United Arab Emirates
Your presentations were an outstanding success – delivered with such energy and enthusiasm. Working with you was easy and your adaptability made our job so much easier.
Placemakers, New Zealand.
Alan spoke very effectively and inspired the audience. He really is an excellent speaker.
Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
When Alan Patching presents, the time flies by.
Saudi Methonol Company
I heard Alan Patching speak recently at a function attended by a number of well-known consultants and contractors, including several members of the American Institute of Architects. Alan was responsible for the development of the Sydney Olympic Stadium. What a wonderful speaker with excellent platform skills. He really holds an audience, and is a great keynote presenter.
WPG Design Group, New York USA