David Koch was a pure finance nerd but it’s hosting Seven’s Sunrise alongside Melissa Doyle that gets him out of bed these days. He's still one of Australia's foremost business and finance commentators and maintains his passion for money matters with nation wide radio appearances and writes finance columns for New Idea and AFR Investor.
Before Sunrise, Kochie was a pure finance nerd. He's still one of Australia's foremost business and finance commentators but his first love now is teaming up with Mel to host Australia's number one breakfast program.
David still maintains his passion for money matters and is heard on radio stations around Australia and writes finance columns for New Idea and AFR Investor.
A survey conducted by Money Management newspaper recognised David as one of the 10 most influential people in establishing the retail financial services industry. A Reader's Digest survey found he is also one of the top 25 most trusted people in Australia.
David has a strong interest in small business issues and was a director of the NSW Small Business Development Corporation for over six years being appointed to the board at its inception in 1996. As a former business owner, operator and company director, David is in demand as a presenter and regularly addresses a wide range of corporate events and groups. His specialty is speaking on success in small business and investment issues as well as providing practical tips. David speaks informatively from a base of personal experience and knowledge of business and financial issues.
But finance aside, he's also an all-round good bloke and family man, making him perfect for this role on Sunrise. He's coached his kids rugby, netball and basketball teams while serving on the council of his daughter's school. Just please don't ask him about the Wallabies or Port Power.
• Co-host of Channel Seven’s Sunrise program and Business and finance expert for the Seven and Prime television networks.
• Co-host of Channel Seven’s prime time hit “Where Are They Now"
• Host of the My Business show, on the Seven Network.
• Contributing editor to the investor section of Sydney’s Sun-Herald newspaper.
• Weekly money columnist in ‘The Experts’ section of New Idea.
• Daily money commentator on more than 50 regional radio stations with his popular A Minute On Your Business and A Minute On Your Money segments.
* “Kochie’s Guide to Keeping it Real"
* “Kochie’s Guide – How Smart Couples Can Start With Nothing But Love And Laughs And Create Real - Wealth" – co-authored with wife Libby
* “Kochie’s Best Jokes"
* “Your Money and Your Life"
* “I’m Not Made of Money" co-authored with Libby, a parent's guide to teaching kids about money.
* David has also co-authored with his daughter Samantha, “The Teenager’s Guide to Money; The Teenager’s Guide to Part-time Jobs and Leaving Home – the ultimate guide".
“Summed up the audience very well and delivered a great message, he made our members think about their own business."
CRT Town & Country
“Our thanks for an excellent presentation. I personally phoned all participants to gain some feedback on the sessions and David’s talk rated very high without exception."
“Excellent. David was fantastic. His presentation was independent yet linked into our theme really well. He was an interesting and engaging speaker."
“Excellent. David was extremely popular with the guests and captured the attention of the audience. He was also very personable."
Real Estate Institute of South Australia
“David was wonderful. He was an outright winner with the audience, the best person we could have chosen from the media to MC our Inaugural Awards. He was personable, empathetic and genuinely engaged with the Award winners. Simply the best!"
National Employment Services Australia
“David was very entertaining and informative, he held peoples attention and was very relevant to the business issues of today and the lives of people within business, particularly small business."
Northern Adelaide BEC