Three-time Logie winner and recipient of journalism’s most coveted award, the Walkley, Ian’s breadth of experience, contact with world leaders in business and politics and journalistic integrity have earned him universal respect.
His place in the original 60 Minutes team is only one of many outstanding accomplishments which have earned him great respect as a broadcast journalist and powerful corporate communicator. Ian’s journey of extraordinary experiences are the source of his dynamic and compelling presentations as a keynote speaker or MC.
Ian’s breadth of experience and journalistic integrity have earned him universal respect, along with his contact with world leaders in business and politics.
He has covered conflicts in the world’s major trouble spots: Uganda, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lebanon, Thailand, Cambodia, Philippines, Burma, the Korean Peninsula, Afghanistan and Northern Ireland. He gained access to world leaders including Moraji Desai (Prime Minister of India), Benazir Bhutto (Prime Minister Pakistan), Ferdinand Marcos (Philippines), and Ugandan Presidents Beniza, Obote and Muzeweri. His most notable coup was an interview with Anwar Sadat, President of Egypt and Camp David fame. Ian was the only Australian journalist to profile the great World Statesman.
Ian has received no less than seven awards for distinguished journalism. His crowning accolade was the prestigious WALKLEY AWARD, Australia’s highest recognition for journalistic excellence. His other awards include Best Reporter of the Year, Best Current Affairs Report, Best Short Documentary Series from the ASTRA Awards-Foxtel.
It is this unique background that Ian Leslie brings to the Business and Public sector communities of Australia.
• Fox Television...anchored and co-produced the Award winning documentary series, Running On Empty. An investigation into Australia’s Water Crisis.
• Face of the Australian Automotive Dealers National Convention, peak retail body of the Automotive Industry.
• Chair Australian Pharmacy Guild’s Annual Forum.
• Chair DSTi International Media Round Table..an analysis of IT issues affecting the Financial Services Industry.
• Chair Qld Mining Industry Conference.
• Anchor Prudential Insurance Investment Series.
• Anchor QBE National Roadshow.
• MC Bosch Australia 150 year anniversary gala dinner.
• Fujitsu Australia Technology Launch.
• Optus Future Strategy Conference.
A powerful communicator and unique skills enhance the business message.
• Face of Woolworths share float - Australia’s most successful public share float.
• Arnott’s when faced with a crisis turned to Leslie to restore public confidence.
• The Victorian Government used the power of Leslie to launch its electricity privatization scheme.
• An articulate facilitator of Government, Business and Environmental issues.
Key Note Speaker - Inspirational, motivating, humorous. A storyteller who speaks of a life most people can only dream of…Leslie draws on his years as a Sixty Minutes correspondent. He has rubbed shoulders with world leaders, dictators, business leaders, Hollywood stars and Australian Prime Ministers. Stories relevant today.
A sparkling MC with an acute sense of humour.
• National Travel Industry Awards
• Australian Tourism Awards
• Flag International Service Awards
• Executive of the Year/Hyatt International
• Small Business of the Year
• Australian Design Awards
• Nestle Big Break Awards
• Prime Minister’s Employer of The Year Awards
• Queensland Government Premier’s Awards
• Ernst and Young Entrepreneur of the Year
• Victorian Australian Automotive Dealers Association State Awards.
Let him breathe life into your conference, seminar or awards, with his unique style and journalistic integrity…
• Key-note speaker
• MC Awards
• Conference facilitating
• Product launches
• Corporate video presenter
• National Marketing Campaigns
“Ian is without question a 10 out of 10…"
Managing Director Salefest.
“Ian’s expertise, superb presentation skills, dedication to excellence …raised the QBE National Roadshow, 2009 to new levels of professionalism."
National Marketing Manager QBE.
“His professionalism and sense of fun go far beyond the call of duty…"
...A thorough professional who demonstrates an appreciation of the...corporate environment…"
Chairman BHP Billiton.
“The power of Leslie’s credentials as an authoritative television journalist cannot be under estimated - a pleasure to work with... such a professional…"
George Patterson Bates, Hong Kong
“An incisive questioner of speakers with the right touch of humour…"
“...an outstanding master of ceremonies. He does his homework and makes speakers feel relaxed…"
Group Managing Director - Tower Corporation.
“...an invaluable anchor to generate discussion keep things on track and relevant to an audience…"
Institute Municipal Management
“...a high profile with the credibility Fujitsu wants to be associated with…"
Communications Manager-Fujitsu Australia
“...his integrity and professionalism has been a great asset to us…"
Director Sales and Marketing G.M.H.
“… a most timely, informative and motivational presenter."
Managing Director, Amway Australia.
“… an outstanding presenter who targets the important issues. Intuitive and innovative…
President Limra International - Hartford Connecticut.