Captain - Aust. Netball
Liz Ellis has had an amazing sporting career and has been a positive role model for other young sports people. She began playing netball at the age of eight with the Greens Netball Club in the Hawkesbury Association, and is still a member and club sponsor to this day.
Liz overcame her asthma to play in the Australian Netball Team for 14 years, and has a long list of sporting achievements to her credit. She is former captain of the Sydney Swifts and is the only player to have represented the Swifts at every Commonwealth Bank Trophy since the competition's inception in 1997.
Liz helped Australia win two Commonwealth Games gold medals, three World Netball Championships, and captained the Australian Netball Team for three years. She is the most capped netball player of all time with 122 test matches, winning the World Championship Gold Medal in 2007.
Although Liz retired from netball last year, she has continued contributing to the sporting community through the netball clinics that she began in 1997 to help improve young netballers skills and fitness.
Lis has helped raise the profile of netball in Australia and inspired young people in the process.
- Some of Liz's speaking engagements have included:
- Novo Nordisk Pharmaceuticals – Team motivation
- ASC Forum, Great Debate Participant, Does Sex Sell Sport?
- SIA Awards – Presenter of Male Athlete of the Year Award
- NSW Fitness Industry Awards
- Premiers Commonwealth Games Dinner, Melbourne
- NSWIS Athlete's Forum - Performing When it Counts
- Sydney Swans - Process of Winning
- National Archives - Where's the Passion? Lecture series
- Dept of Education Careers Event for Schoolgirls - Jobs Alive
- 2007 Captain Australian Netball Team- awarded
- Best Player after winning World Champs
- 2006 Commonwealth Bank Trophy Most Valued Player for 2006 Season
- 2006 Awarded player of the CBT Grand Final in addition to the Swifts undefeated season
- 2006 Captain Australian Netball Team and Sydney TAB Swifts
- 2006 150 Commonwealth Bank Trophy Matches (June 9 2006)
- 2005 Captain Australian Netball Team and Sydney TAB Swifts (2001, 2004 Premiers)
- 2005 Achieved record for most test matches ever played for Australia
- 2004 Played 100th test match for Australia
- 2004 Captain Australian Netball Team and Sydney TAB Swifts
- 2002 Commonwealth Bank Trophy Most Valued Player
- 2002 Players’ Player of the Year
- 2002 Goal Keeper of the Year
- 2002 Commonwealth Games Gold Medallist
- 2002 Captain Sydney TAB Swifts
- 2001 Awarded Player of the Grand Final
- 2001 Captain NSW Netball Team
- 1999 Winners Netball World Championships
- 1998 Commonwealth Games Gold Medalist
- 1992 Captain Australian Under 21 Team
- 1991 Australian Netball Team member
- Liz Ellis Netball Clinics
- Now in 10th year - over 9,000 participants
- Largest commercial netball clinics in Australia
- Also runs private clinics
- State Sports Centre
- Australian Sports Drug Agency
- Institute of Sport Management
- NSW Institute of Sport
- NSW Major Events
TV And Radio
- The Glasshouse, guest panellist, ABC-TV
- 2005 The Einstein Factor /Beat the Chef ABC-TV
- 2005-6 The Cage Breakfast shows Triple M regular guest– Sydney/Melbourne
- 2005-6 Triple M Sydney, regular panellist Dead Set Legends
- 2005-6 Radio National, monthly guest spot Saturday Breakfast
- 2004 Athens Olympics overnight updates, Seven Network
- 2004 110% Tony Squires – panellist Seven Network
- 2003 Reporting/Panellist Rugby World Cup Oct/Nov
- 2003-4 Sunrise Channel 7 Sports wrap – 1 segment per week
- 2003 2KY Big Sports Breakfast – 1 segment per week
- 1999-04 Triple J – Friday Breakfast shows Sports Wrap
During this time Liz also appeared as a regular guest panellist on The Fat, ABCTV, Sports world Channel 7 and Beauty & the Beast with Doug Mulray.
2002 Commonwealth Games Promo campaign Channel 7
2001-02 Personal Best Jan-Dec Network 10 – 7-week series as presenter
2000-01 Winter X Games Network 10 Commentator
2001 Great Outdoor Games – Network 10 – Commentator
Sydney Olympic Games – C7 – Overnight Host –
- Netball Heroes, Book, Allen & Unwin June 2005
- The Australian, Regular Columnist 2003
- Playing the Game, A guide to playing netball, Published 2001, Reprinted 2002, Harper Collins
- Publishers Pty Ltd
- Australian Netballer Magazine, regular contributor
Presentation Topics Include
- Building a great team
- Setting and achieving realistic goals – both as a team and as individuals.
- Leading is a privilege not a right!
- How do you stay motivated when all you see in front of you are obstacles!
- Planning for and expecting success – it doesn’t happen by accident.
As always, Liz was professional, hilarious and hit the brief perfectly!
Liz was excellent... She has great presence, a really lovely natural style and her content is first class"
International HR Director Forum CEO Forum Group.
[Liz was] able to engage everyone both from personal experiences and what they are trying to achieve in their business life in a very warm, honest and humorous manner
Richard Shaw and Associates Pty Ltd.
Great sense of humour and very easy to relate to... very motivating and everyone could have taken away [something] to use in their day-today roles.
Bayer Management Development Day.
Liz is very down to earth and natural. She had everyone captivated.
Domain Principal Group