Peter is Small Business Editor for The Australian newspaper, prolific author and preferred host. Peter regularly appears in a variety of TV, radio programmes and events and publishes in newsprint, online and books. Host of the Qantas on air radio service Talking Business, Peter is also a popular MC and facilitator known for his extensive business knowledge and easy to understand delivery.
Peter Switzer is one of Australia’s leading business and financial commentators, launching his own business 20 years ago. The Switzer Group has since grown into three successful companies spanning media and publishing, financial services and business coaching.
Peter is an award-winning broadcaster, twice runner up for the Best Current Affairs Commentator award for radio, behind broadcaster Alan Jones. A former lecturer in economics at the University of NSW, Peter is currently:
• Senior contributor with The Australian newspaper
• Columnist with The Daily Telegraph
• Host of Talking Business for the Qantas in-flight service, Radio Q
• Finance commentator on Vega FM
• Host of Money Makers on SKY TV.
Speaking Topics Include:
1. Taking your performance from good to great This is Peter’s current small business speech, which is adaptable for corporate executives or sales teams. Not only does he look at what makes a great business performer, he analyses what you have to do to introduce real change into your lives. This presentation also looks at the characteristics of winning businesses and business performers, and outlines ways to understand your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats in order to succeed, and what you have to do to effect maximum change.
2. Economics: in your face, humorous, accurate Peter’s economic presentation is technically challenging, but being a former teacher and lecturer he actually explains the charts! He builds humour into the presentation, which is why television programs such as the ABC’s Midday Report and Today Tonight regularly use him to explain current economic conditions and decisions. Peter surveys the best economists in the country for a consensus view but sometimes backs the minority calls.
3. Getting everything right to make more money Being the proprietor of Switzer Financial Services (and a financial planner) he knows the industry and the people who need financial help. He owns an independent firm with no allegiances to any financial institution. He also writes money columns for The Australian, The Daily Telegraph and the Yahoo!7 Finance website, so he is right on the money with current finance topics. He has written five best-selling money books.
4. Master of ceremonies Peter is also an accomplished master of ceremonies, drawing on his extensive business knowledge and career working with some of the funniest performers in radio and TV. He often hosts debates and interviews key experts, where he virtually does a live Talking Business interview. Recently he MC’d Austrade’s launch of its Exporter of the Year awards and the Australian Institute of Export’s awards night – both attracting big audiences. Peter can not only make ‘em laugh but his extensive background in economics, business and money means he can make a conference more relevant to all attendees.
Testimonials “Peter was extremely professional, thorough and entertaining. He did a fabulous job in all we asked him to do, which changed around quite a bit on-site!"
“Excellent, Peter put into layman's terms the economic situation and built some optimism in the room."
“Peter’s presentation was very current and to the point. The topic’s discussed were important to all delegates and it was presented in a very entertaining manner."
“Excellent. Peter was a hit!"
“Excellent. Peter kept his audience alive and well informed. Highly entertaining presentation but full of relevant information."
“The feedback from our members has been tremendous! Your session positively affected the participants and got them thinking (and laughing!) which was apparent given the numerous nods of agreement during the presentation and questions raised."
The Exhibition and Event Association of Australia
“Excellent. Peter was fantastic – we could not have hoped for better. He was very highly evaluated by our delegates."
Australian Equipment Lessors Association
“Excellent. Peter is fantastic! A very factual, highly knowledgeable man who has a great stage presence, keeps his audience captivated with up to date information…all with a great sense of humour."
“Excellent. Light hearted, entertaining and a very pleasant manner and easy to deal with."
“Excellent. Peter is very professional and did the video in "one take". He obviously had built up a rapport with Joe Hockey over the years which is a testament to his professional business reporting over the years."
Images Concepts Events
“Peter is the master! - As an event organiser, Peter is a dream to work with. From arrival to departure he was adaptive, smooth and seamless - There were various last minute changes with the event and Peter weaved them into the day as if they had always been there, leaving our audience unaware and enjoying the event. Thank You!"