How to Boost Attendance at Your Next Business Event
By Nahid | 18 February 2015
Whether it’s a trade show, networking lunch, or a training seminar, a well-organised corporate event can prove highly beneficial to businesses, no matter the industry. Corporate events can help organisations promote their brand, develop customer relationships, get in touch with inspiring public figures and guest speakers, as well as support their employees’ professional development.
But however good the objective is of any business event, it will still be unable to reach its maximum potential and achieve success if it lacks one thing: full guest attendance.
So how do you make sure your event has an audience? Here are some points to consider to ensure you get the turn out your desire.
- Give them a reason to come. Nothing generates interest and boosts attendance for a corporate event more than giving invitees a good reason to come. This can be in the form of free meals or refreshments, raffles and giveaways, exciting networking opportunities, or the chance to meet and be inspired by notable keynote speakers. In other words, let your prospective guests know about what they stand to gain from taking time out of their schedule to attend the event.
- Choose a convenient location. Location is one factor that can make or break a business event. Most guests will pass up on the chance of attending your event if it will be held a thousand miles away from home. Thus, when deciding on a venue or location, find one that is easily accessible to those who are attending but is distinct enough to make your event stand out.
- Schedule your event well. How and when you schedule your corporate affair will also make a difference on the attendance. As a general rule, mornings are ideal for seminars, while evenings or after work are suitable for awards nights and gala dinners.
- Feature the right speakers. Guest speakers are vital in business events. The right speaker can help create buzz for your event, set and enrich the idea behind the conference, inspire the attendees and ultimately assist you in achieving your objectives. Finding the perfect speaking talent for a corporate function can be tricky, but not if you partner with a premier speakers bureau.
- Tap into the power of social media. One of the keys to increasing hype and driving attendance for any business event is promotion. And one of the best ways to do this is by tapping into the power of social media. Create a Facebook event for your function, create a hashtag on Twitter, or mention your event on LinkedIn. Don’t forget to highlight the benefits of attending your event, the agenda, and other important details.
It takes a lot of time, work and effort to plan a great corporate event—including turning invitees into attendees. Make sure you get the most out of your business function and maximise attendance by following our tips above.
Also feel free to get in touch with our team at Successful Speakers if you need assistance in making your business event an affair to remember. We specialise in connecting organisations to the most engaging, motivational and entertaining public speakers in Australia. We can help you find right speaker for your event, book a celebrity speaker, and even source a speaking talent from anywhere in the world.